90 Day Level Up
I hate to say it but Leslie Mckernon actually knows what she is talking about.
I would say that I am a fairly motivated person and the secret to my success is goal setting.
In this blog I would like to share my goal setting process with you called the 90-day level up.
Why The 90 Day Level Up
I chose this name because I loved video games. There is a certain simplicity to them that keeps you addicted and entertained. The whole purpose is to start with a base character and keep building that person up and getting better and better until you eventually beat the game.
At the beginning of last year I stopped playing video games and decided to put the time and energy into actually leveling up myself. Here is my process:
Start With The End In Mind
You will never know how to get there if you don’t know where you are going. It is hard to motivate yourself to get to the gym and stick to an exercise program. That is why you need to make the stakes high. Create goals that are impossible to avoid, pick ones that are so important they get you through the hard times.
My major goals that I used to navigate the next 90 days:
- Improve my overall physical and mental health to try to increase longevity
- Improve my self-confidence by improving my physical appearance
- Improve my cardiovascular health
Quantify And Set Realistic Expectations
Many people are great at planning their macro goals but fall short when it comes to planning the micro steps to get you there.
Have a timeline.
I choose 90 days because it is long enough for habits to set in but short enough to mentally persevere through.
Once you wrap your head around the time frame it is important to take your long-term important goals and create manageable short term goals.
My short term goals are to:
- To improve my eating habits
- To to decrease my body fat percentage
- To improve my sustained cardio
Creating short term goals is not enough, you also need to quantify those goals in order to determine whether you are making implements and give yourself the ability to course correct if you are not.
My SMART goals are:
- Improve my eating habits by sticking to a balance meal plan of 40% Protein 30% Carbs and 30% Fat. Also eating all home cooked meals 6 out of 7 days of the week.
- Decrease my body fat percentage by reducing my waist circumference by 2 inches
- To improve my sustained cardio by improving my rate of perceived exertion on a hour long run on a treadmill.
Set Yourself Up For Success
Lastly now that you know what you have to accomplish create a plan or hire someone to help you reach your goals successfully.
Once you have the plan, place it into your schedule and make those dates just as important as work and other important commitments.
I hope my process was a help - give it a try and I promise you will not be disappointed.
Get $100 Free - Fill In Your Information Below!
For help creating a strength program to help reach your goals, fill out the information below and I will be more then happy to talk to you on the phone about what types of programs will be best suited for you (as well as $100 free)!