10 Steps To Keeping Your Weight Loss Resolution This Year
I have been personal training for over 6 years now, and have seen my fair share of successful new years resolutions, like Jodie
I also came into contact with many people who intended to lose weight over the year, but was never fully able to follow through.
Losing weight is tough, especially when life has a way of getting in the way of your health goals. And trust me, I get it!
In January, we were featured on City TV, where we talked about the top fat burning exercises, the top fitness trends, and what it takes to achieve your goals.
Since that TV appearance, we got loads of feedback from viewers who wanted to make a change, but simply didn’t know where to start. They understood the steps we mentioned, but without any real tool to use, they just couldn’t get themselves going.
With that in mind, I created a simple 10 step process that you can follow to make sure you follow through with your weight loss resolution this year!
It’s a little rough, I know, but the process of using real pen & paper has a way of creating action that simply thinking about it just can’t.
So grab a piece of fresh, white printer paper and get started!
1) Grab a white piece of printer paper.
2) At the top of the printer paper, about 10 cm down, draw a line across the page. Next, draw a line down the center of the page like this…
3) Write down your weight loss goal at the top of the page. It should include 2 specific things:
a. Weight loss goal
b. Date you would like to achieve this goal
4) Underneath the line, write down “My biggest challenges are:” List 1-3 challenges you think you will face when accomplishing your weight loss goal. I provided a few examples, but your challenges might be completely different!
5) Below that, write down “To accomplish my goal, I need the following tools:” List what tools you THINK you will need to help you get past your challenges. If a challenge of yours is not knowing what exercise you should be doing, then an exercise plan would be a pretty helpful tool.
6) Below that, write down “The professionals I should seek out:” Write down the type of professionals you think you will need to seek out to accomplish your goal. If you can, write the name and number of the professional you need to contact. If you don’t know of specific contacts right now, that’s ok.
7) Below that, write down “I will contact these professionals by _________________” Fill in the date of when you will contact the professionals.
8) On the top of the right side of the page, write down “My Starting Point” followed by “weight,” “right bicep,” “waist,” “hips,” “right thigh.” This is important to establish benchmarks, so that we can measure your progress! If you do not know how to take measurements, seek out a professional to help you out!
9) Next, write down “My Pictures.” Take a picture of yourself from the front view in your bathing suit, and another picture from the side.
10) Get started! This last step is the most important. In step 7 you wrote down what date you would contact these professionals by. So, contact the professionals you need to and set up an appointment to meet with them to see how they can help!