Healthy & Delicious Snack - Nut Bar Recipe!
Choosing healthier food options is MUCH easier when you have healthy snack options on hand.
Try this nut & seed bar recipe for a good-for-you and delicious snack option that the whole family will LOVE!
3 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 tbsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. honey (I have used some variations on this including a lesser amount of maple syrup because I prefer the taste, or dates because this is a lot of sweetener for me. However if you don't use enough, the bars will not stick together as well).
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- In separate bowl, mix almond butter, honey, and vanilla together until smooth. Sometimes I heat slightly in the microwave to make it a little more runny and easier to mix.
- Combine with dry ingredients (using your hands to mix is easiest).
- Dump mixture onto parchment lined cookie sheet and press down firmly until about 1/2 inch thick. Smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and bake bars for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and wrap in plastic wrap.